Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Consumer Utter - Debbie Meyer's Green Bags

Now that I'm uttering all my thoughts, I've started the Consumer Utter section of my blog which shares my experiences about merchandise and services I've tried as a consumer. Kind of like Consumer Reports, but no crash tests!

My first Consumer Utter is about Debbie Meyer's Green Bags. I buy veggies and fruits with the good intention of serving my family healthy food. But it never fails that some are not eaten and thrown away. So, I ordered Debbie Meyer's Green Bags. If you don't know what these are, these plastic bags - yes, they're green - are suppose to prolong the life of your produce. According to their website, the green bags absorb the ethelyne gas that is released by the food, which prevents the gas from staying in the fruit, and thus helping your food stay fresher longer.

It worked on some foods but not all. I found that my apples and bananas stayed fresh longer, but not strawberries or lettuce. I basically felt that it worked 50% of the time. So, for me, it was kind of a bust. Since it wasn't a lot of money (20 bags for $10), it wasn't a waste. But since it didn't work for key produce like lettuce, I wouldn't buy them again.

Product: Debbie Meyer's Green Bags
Rating: A bust.

No comments:

Post a Comment